Las Vegas, NM– (2/7/2023) –
Alta Vista Regional Hospital is updating our COVID-19 protocols. We will no longer ask patients to complete a symptom screening form or universally mask upon entry. This also means our main entrance has reopened!
To continue reducing risk to others in the facility everyone must still report if
- They are currently COVID-19-positive and under quarantine
- Are experiencing any respiratory illness symptoms (including COVID-like symptoms)
- Have been recently exposed to COVID-19
We are making these changes based on multiple factors including increased COVID-19 vaccination rates, increased availability of N95 respirators, decreased community incidents of COVID-19 infections, and decreased COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths. These protocols could be changed again at any time depending on what’s happening with COVID-19 in New Mexico and government health orders.
Alta Vista welcomes visitors and knows how important family, close friends, and support persons are to the healing and recovery of patients. In general, patients are welcome to have visitors 24 hours a day, based on patient preference. However, some departments or units have specific guidelines to keep patients safe and allow adequate time to rest.
- Visitors must be healthy and free of fever and/or respiratory symptoms
- Visitors may not impede patient care
- Limited visitation may be required for safety reasons
- Visitors to patients with a diagnosis of COVID-19 or other contagious illnesses will be offered masks and/or personal protective equipment (PPE) and instructed on how to wear the equipment. Wearing PPE by visitors is an important infection control measure when visiting, but it does not guarantee visitor safety and may not prevent the visitor from contracting the contagious illness.
- One (1) healthy adult (age 18 or older) will be allowed to visit at a time.
- Visitors will be asked to adhere to strict handwashing throughout the visit.
- Visitors may not visit any other patient in the facility after being with infectious patients.
- Visitors will remain in the patient’s room except when they need the restroom or when leaving the facility.
We appreciate the patience of our staff, patients, and visitors as we followed best practices and health guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
About Alta Vista Regional Hospital
Alta Vista Regional Hospital is a community hospital committed to serving the healthcare needs of Northeastern New Mexico. We proudly offer a 30-minute ER pledge, which means the ER medical professionals work diligently to see patients within 30 minutes (or less) of their arrival at the ER. Online scheduling with a primary care provider is available 24/7 at AltaVistaAnytime.com. For more information on available services, please visit www.AltaVistaRegionalHospital.com.