Safety First: Visitor policy Update September 8, 2022
At Alta Vista Regional Hospital, the health and safety of our patients and our workforce is our top priority. We appreciate your help to assure our hospital is safe for all patients and staff.
Consistent with current rates of COVID infection in our community, the following visitation policy is in effect.
Please note: All visitors must be healthy and free of fever and/or respiratory symptoms.
All visitors are required to adhere to the following measures:
- Visitors may not impede patient care. Staff may ask for limited or restricted visitation if needed for safety measures.
- Visitors must abide by the facility’s masking protocol. An isolation mask must be kept on throughout the visit to include the time in the patient’s room.
- Visitors will be screened before entry to any other area of the facility. If visitors exhibit symptoms, they may not visit
- Visitors are not permitted to congregate in public areas, such as lobbies and cafeterias. Visitors are to remain with the patient unless they are exiting the facility or using restrooms.
- A maximum of four (4) healthy visitors aged 14 or older, per day are allowed for non-infectious patients.
- Two (2) visitors in a room at a time for inpatient units
- One (1) healthy adult visitor for Emergency Department patient.
- One (1) healthy visitor may stay overnight. The overnight visitor must always remain masked.
- Pediatric Emergency department patients may be accompanied by two (2) adult caregivers.
- One (1) healthy adult (age18 or older) will be allowed for a 2-hour visit per day.
- Visitors may not visit any other patient in the facility after being with infectious patients.
- Visitor must remain in the patient’s room except when they need the restroom or when leaving the facility.
Visitors must be educated about the risks of visiting infectious patients, proper handwashing, and PPE use. Education given must be documented in the patient’s record.
- Patients that have no safety concerns while masked, should be in a mask while visitors are present.
Outpatient surgical procedures refer to procedures where a patient would not be admitted to the hospital but will undergo anesthesia to receive their procedure and will require someone to drive them home. These patients may be accompanied by two (2) healthy adult visitors at any time. The visitors will be restricted to the procedure or waiting area.
- Ultrasound patients may be accompanied by two (2) healthy adult visitors.
- Medical Decision Maker: One (1) medical decision maker or power of attorney for any patient unable to advocate for themselves, under the age of 18, who needs assistance providing their medical history, understanding medical information, or if nursing staff deems a need for care support. e.g. disabled, developmentally delayed, dementia, high fall risk, Alzheimer’s or otherwise unable to legally consent for care or treatment.
** Any deviation for special circumstances needs to be approved by administrator on call. Any individual unwilling to follow the facility policy may not visit.
- Alta Vista Regional Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. No smoking is allowed anywhere on the grounds.
- Don’t bring patients food or candies unless your attending doctor gives permission.