A health record (also known as a medical record) is a written account of a person’s health history. It includes medications, treatments, tests, immunizations, and notes from visits to the hospital.
Our Health Information Office is pleased to help you access your medical records. The office is open Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Please call (505) 426-3880 for more information. The fax number is 505-426-3883.
When picking up your records, you will need to complete a Release of Medical Information form
Please fill out all highlighted sections, including:
- Patient’s Name, Date of Birth, Address and Phone Number
- Facility Authorized to Release Information to:
- Records Released to you – write in “SELF”
- Records Released to another Provider or Facility – please fill in the Providers name, address, phone and FAX number.
- Health Information to be disclosed – include all dates of service, what type of records you want released (labs, x-ray, complete, etc.), why you need the information (treatment, insurance, personal),
- Ensure the Sensitive Information section is understood and completed by checking “Yes” or “No”. Failure to make this selection may delay the release or result in a denial of the request.
- Patient’s or Authorized Personal Representative’s Signature – please sign, date and time.
- Leave the Witness Signature line and everything below it blank.
You will also need to include a legible copy of your driver’s license or your Official ID so we may verify your signature with your hospital record.