If you have pain or restricted movement that limits your normal activities, physical therapy (PT) treatment is designed to help you obtain relief and restore your independence.
PT promotes healing and is designed to improve your quality of life. Specific outcomes can include less pain, increased flexibility and range-of-motion, stronger muscles, better balance and coordination, and improved stamina.
Whether you are dealing with a chronic condition, or are recovering from an injury, surgery or illness, ask your doctor about receiving physical therapy.
If you have had any of the following, physical therapy (PT) is often recommended:
- Orthopedic surgery, such as hip-or-knee replacement, back or rotator cuff surgery
- After-effects of cancer treatment, including fatigue, lymphedema (swelling), and stiffness and pain from scar tissue
- Sports injury
- Chronic pain, including fibromyalgia, low back or neck pain, sciatica nerve pain, joint pain
- Difficulty Walking or Decline in Mobility
- Balance and coordination issues
- Stroke or other medical life-altering event
- Neurological disorder, such as Parkinson’s Disease
- Developmental disability
The physical therapists at Alta Vista Regional Hospital work with all age groups. During your first session, the therapist will conduct a complete assessment and work with you to develop a treatment plan based on your goals for improvement. Your treatments are provided individually with a licensed therapist dedicated to providing personal service and attention to your care.
The techniques used during treatment may include:
- Manual therapy (such as gentle massage and soft-tissue mobilization)
- Exercises to improve balance, coordination, range-of-motion, flexibility and strength
- Techniques such as heat, cold, ultrasound and electrical stimulation
Outpatient rehabilitation services at Alta Vista Regional Hospital are conveniently located near the main entrance to the hospital, to the right after entering the lobby.
*Physician order is required for therapy.
Related Services and Conditions
Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
Rest easy, close to homeAbout to be discharged, but not quite ready to return home? Alta Vista Regional Hospital offers extended care to meet the individual needs of patients who are in a transition phase of illness or recovery. Patients may be able to participate in...
After injury or illness, rehabilitation therapy can help patients get back to work, play and their lives. Alta Vista Regional Hospital's team develops programs designed to improve movement, balance, endurance and strength for patients, helping them move—onward, upward...
Occupational therapy (OT) teaches you how to adapt. It can help you perform any kind of task at school, work, or in your home. Following an illness or injury, sometimes you need help to regain the ability to perform daily tasks such as bathing, grooming, meal planning...
Speech therapy includes the evaluation and treatment of speech, language and swallowing disorders. These disorders can result from a variety of causes, including developmental delays, cleft palate, cerebral palsy, hearing loss, emotional problems, brain injuries and...