After injury or illness, rehabilitation therapy can help patients get back to work, play and their lives. Alta Vista Regional Hospital’s team can develop programs designed to improve movement, balance, endurance and strength for patients.
Some of the most common reasons you might need to see a physical or occupational therapist include:
- Degenerative joint disease and rheumatic diseases which cause severe joint pain and disability
- Back or neck pain
- CVA (stroke) or TIA which has affected your coordination and your ability to move
- Following surgery to help you get up and moving again
- Severe flare-ups of neurological diseases such as MS and Parkinson’s
- After an injury
- Vertigo and balance problems
Rehabilitation services are aimed at getting you back to your life as quickly as possible.
Related Services and Conditions
If you have pain or restricted movement that limits your normal activities, physical therapy (PT) treatment is designed to help you obtain relief and restore your independence. PT promotes healing and is designed to improve your quality of life. Specific outcomes can...
Occupational therapy (OT) can teach you how to adapt. It can help you perform any kind of task at school, work, or in your home. Following an illness or injury, sometimes you need help to regain the ability to perform daily tasks such as bathing, grooming, meal...