End of Year Savings
We understand the end of the year is a very hectic time. But while we look forward to the new, let’s also take stock of how we can improve today — and save!
At Alta Vista Regional Hospital we encourage you to take some time for yourself. Doing so could not only benefit your health, it could even get you more out of your money!
5 Reasons to Take Time for Your Health Before December 31.
Reason 1: If you have an FSA account, don’t let this money go to waste! Schedule your procedures to be completed prior to year-end for this year’s FSA eligibility.
Reason 2: If you need some kind of procedure, or if you’ve been considering some kind of elective surgery, you can recover during your time off over the holidays.
Reason 3: If you’ve met your health insurance deductible, take advantage of that fact. Remember, January 1 you start back at zero!
Reason 4: Physician offices aren’t as busy during November and December so you’re more likely to get an appointment quickly.
Reason 5: Putting off seeing a doctor or having a procedure just isn’t smart. Your good health is a present you give yourself and your loved ones. And in a season of giving, time and health are the greatest gifts.
Suggestions for end-of-year savings:
- Annual physical
- Have you had one in 2022? Make an appointment with a primary care provider.
- Men and women over 45 should have one every 10 years.
- Gallbladder surgery
- Does everything you eat cause pain?
- Upper GI Problems
- Learn about how an Endocsopy can help diagnose the issue.
- You don’t have to suffer in silence.
- Hernia repair
- Abdominal Pain is nothing to ignore or put off for later.
- Joint repair/replacement
- Step into the new year without the joint pain you have today. Those aches and pains don’t always go away on their own.
- Mole Removal, Lumps and Bumps
- Whether for medical or cosmetic reasons, annual screenings can help prevent a little bump from becoming a big problem. Talk with your primary care provider about that suspicious mole or growth. Schedule an appointment at AltaVistaAnytime.com .
- Outpatient physical therapy
- Those aches and pains won’t go away on their own. Call 505-426-3952 for more information.
- Screening mammogram
- Are you due for a mammogram? Learn why mammograms are so important here. To schedule your digital mammogram, call 505-426-3610 or 505-426-3920. PLEASE NOTE: A physician order is not required for a mammogram, but the patient must provide the physician’s name when an appointment is made. If the patient does not have a physician, a list will be provided for the patient’s selection. Patient exams will be performed by a radiology technologist specially trained in mammography. All mammogram reports will be sent to the patient’s physician and follow-ups are the responsibility of the patient.
Related Services and Conditions
At Alta Vista Regional Hospital, diagnostic imaging is used to create a graphic depiction of the structures and functions of the body’s organs and other internal systems. These images are used to examine and diagnose certain medical conditions. Today, healthcare...
According to the National Osteoporosis Foundation, 10 million individuals already have osteoporosis and 18 million more are unaware that they have low bone mass and are at risk. This simple 10-minute procedure compares your bone density to that of the average bone...
Mammograms are X-ray images of your breasts designed to detect cancers and other changes in breast tissue. A screening mammogram is used to detect breast changes that could be cancerous in people who have no signs or symptoms. The goal is to detect cancer when it's...
It’s clear—precision is important during diagnosis. Of all imaging technologies, MRI or Magnetic Resonance Imaging gives doctors the clearest, most precise image of the inside of the body. It’s sophisticated, and uses a strong magnetic field to show the structure and...