End of Year Savings
At Alta Vista Regional Hospital we encourage you to take some time for yourself. Doing so could not only benefit your health, it could even get you more out of your money!
5 Reasons to Take Time for Your Health Before December 31.
Reason 1: If you have an FSA account, don’t let this money go to waste! Schedule your procedures to be completed prior to year-end for this year’s FSA eligibility.
Reason 2: If you need some kind of procedure, or if you’ve been considering some kind of elective surgery, you can recover during your time off over the holidays.
Reason 3: If you’ve met your health insurance deductible, take advantage of that fact. Remember, January 1 you start back at zero!
Reason 4: Physician offices aren’t as busy during November and December so you’re more likely to get an appointment quickly.
Reason 5: Putting off seeing a doctor or having a procedure just isn’t smart. Your good health is a present you give yourself and your loved ones. And in a season of giving, time and health are the greatest gifts.
Suggestions for end-of-year savings:
- Annual physical
- Have you had one in 2022? Make an appointment with a primary care provider.
- Men and women over 45 should have one every 10 years.
- GERD Treatment
- Indigestion not going away with over the counter medication? Maybe it’s time you took the next step.
- Gallbladder surgery
- Does everything you eat cause pain?
- Upper GI Problems
- Learn about how an Endocsopy can help diagnose the issue.
- You don’t have to suffer in silence.
- Hernia repair
- Abdominal Pain is nothing to ignore or put off for later.
- Joint repair/replacement
- There’s never a “good” time for a joint replacement surgery. Step into the new year without the joint pain you have today.
- Mole Removal, Lumps and Bumps
- Whether for medical or cosmetic reasons, annual screenings can help prevent a little bump from becoming a big problem. Talk with your primary care provider about that suspicious mole or growth. Schedule an appointment at AltaVistaAnytime.com .
- Outpatient physical therapy
- Those aches and pains won’t go away on their own. Call 505-426-3952 for more information.
- Screening mammogram
- Are you due for a mammogram? Learn why mammograms are so important here. To schedule your digital mammogram, call 505-426-3610 or 505-426-3920. PLEASE NOTE: A physician order is not required for a mammogram, but the patient must provide the physician’s name when an appointment is made. If the patient does not have a physician, a list will be provided for the patient’s selection. Patient exams will be performed by a radiology technologist specially trained in mammography. All mammogram reports will be sent to the patient’s physician and follow-ups are the responsibility of the patient.
Related Services and Conditions
At Alta Vista Regional Hospital, diagnostic imaging is used to create a graphic depiction of the structures and functions of the body’s organs and other internal systems. These images are used to examine and diagnose certain medical conditions. Being able to see...
According to the National Osteoporosis Foundation, 10 million individuals already have osteoporosis and 18 million more are unaware that they have low bone mass and are at risk. This simple 10-minute procedure compares your bone density to that of the average bone...
Digital mammography uses computers and specially designed digital detectors to produce an image that can be displayed on a high-resolution computer monitor and can be transmitted and stored like any computer file. For patients, having a digital mammogram is very much...
It’s clear—precision is important during diagnosis. Of all imaging technologies, MRI or Magnetic Resonance Imaging gives doctors the clearest, most precise image of the inside of the body. It’s sophisticated, and uses a strong magnetic field to show the structure and...